grub-devel

Re: Newbie Questions

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:23:19 +0000

Joseph Swaminathan <address@hidden> writes:

>     Iam new to grub. I have few basic questions.
> Please let me know if this not the right forum
> for such questions.

For GRUB 2, it is.

>     1. Does Grub/Grub 2, support iSCSI / FC HBA,
>        for loading from SAN.

For iSCSI: GRUB 2 does not have networking support yet.  I have no
knowledge about FC HBA, I don't even know what it is, but it is save
to assume it is not supported by GRUB 2.

>     2. Is there a document on Grub 2.

Only the wiki, documentation has to be written and it is an important
item on the todo list.

>     3. I couldnt access the GRUB wiki page,
>        http://www.autistici.org/grub, given
>        in the GNU Grub web site. It says
>        connection refused. Is this site down,
>        or I need some access permission to
>        visit this site.

Right, it seems to be down.  AFAIK you do not need special
permission...

--
Marco