grub-devel

Re: [ppc patch] grub-mkimage

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: [ppc patch] grub-mkimage
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:14:37 +0000

Johan Rydberg <address@hidden> writes:

>> For some reason my REL24 code does not work, when it does I will send
>> in a patch.  But there are 3 options we should consider:

[...]

> If I'm not mistaken, you're using the regular SVR4 ABI for PPC.  It
> might be a good idea to take a look at the EABI (Embedded ABI) [1]

You are right about that.  Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

> I'm not sure if you have to re-configure GCC to make it EABI-compat,
> or if there's a configuration switch for this.  Anyway, as I said,
> it might be worth looking into.

What I did is using the following options:

-memb -meabi -msdata=eabi

After that the R_PPC_REL24 relocation was still there.  In addition to
that the R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation was added.  So the relative
relocation is still there and things got even more complex... Did I do
something wrong here?

Thanks,
Marco