grub-devel

Re: [ppc patch] fix keyboard read

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [ppc patch] fix keyboard read
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:53:33 -0600

On Nov 2, 2004, at 3:15 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

This patch fixes keyboard input on the briQ; with the existing code it
tends to loop forever printing the same character. The "read" method
returns 0 *or* a negative number on failure. Apparently CodeGen uses
negative numbers in their firmware, while I guess Apple does not (or
we would have seen this problem long ago).

Did you test the patch on both the old world and new world
macintoshes?

No I didn't. I would certainly hope that no firmware would return a negative number to indicate success, but I will test this evening.

2004-11-02  Hollis Blanchard  <address@hidden>

         * term/powerpc/ieee1275/ofconsole.c (grub_ofconsole_readkey):
Test
         `actual' for negativity.

The changelog does not seem to be formatted correctly, or why does it
looks messed up here?

My mailer line-wrapped it.

-Hollis