grub-devel

Re: NESTED_FUNC_ATTR (was: Re: iso9660 support)

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: NESTED_FUNC_ATTR (was: Re: iso9660 support)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:42:34 +0200

On Sunday 17 October 2004 22:31, Tomas Ebenlendr wrote:
> Hmm, so you want to have grub-setup, and install mechanism in grub
> (because of some grub rescue floppy, or so). I thought there will be
> one mechanism common for both cases. (This is grub legacy feature,
> isn't it?)

In GRUB 2, I don't intend to have an install mechanism in GRUB itself.

This feature is rarely useful nowadays, because it is necessary to put
GRUB files in an appropriate place, reboot your machine then install
it. After I wrote the grub shell, almost all people install GRUB under
an OS but not from a boot floppy, since you don't need to reboot your
machine any longer.

Okuji