grub-devel

Re: [ppc patch] grub_ieee1275_claim error checking

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: [ppc patch] grub_ieee1275_claim error checking
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:11:34 +0000

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

> Calling "claim" could fail in two different ways:
> 1) the "claim" word did not exist
> 2) the address range overlapped with an existing claim
>
> Right now grub_ieee1275_claim just checks for condition 1, leaving it up
> to callers to check condition 2. (The only current caller,
> grub_load_linux, does not in fact check condition 2.) This is a bit
> awkward, so I think both checks should be done here. Ok?

You are right.  The error checking is far from perfect in the PPC port.

> 2004-10-10  Hollis Blanchard  address@hidden
>
>       * boot/powerpc/ieee1275/ieee1275.c (grub_ieee1275_claim):
>       return -1 if args.base was -1.

Please start a sentence with a capital letter, "Return" in this case.
If you have multiple sentences put two spaces in between.  This is
what is in the GCS about this:

"Please put two spaces after the end of a sentence in your comments,
 so that the Emacs sentence commands will work.  Also, please write
 complete sentences and capitalize the first word.  If a lower-case
 identifier comes at the beginning of a sentence, don't capitalize it!
 Changing the spelling makes it a different identifier.  If you don't
 like starting a sentence with a lower case letter, write the sentence
 differently (e.g., "The identifier lower-case is ...")."

Here comments are discussed, but the same is true for Changelog entries.

Thanks,
Marco