grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 status?

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 status?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:45:58 +0200

On Friday 17 September 2004 07:24, Andrew Iles wrote:
> Is there any kind of rough timeline for the release of GRUB 2? A few
> months, a year, more than a year?

No, not at all. AFAIK, all of us are not paid programmers (I mean, for
GRUB itself) but volunteers, so GRUB 2 is purely for having a fun. No
timeline, no pressure, no obligation.

Actually, some other projects have timelines even if they are hobby
projects... The different between GRUB and such projects is that those
who are interested in GRUB is very technical. We have little interest
in getting a big share in the market, for example.

Naturally, this will change, if someone hires someone for developing
GRUB.

Okuji