grub-devel

Re: [ppc patch] add "enter" command

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [ppc patch] add "enter" command
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:21:05 -0500

On Sep 15, 2004, at 4:38 AM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 19:15, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
Ah, when I saw "suspend" I thought you meant sleep. That might
confuse other users too...

But "suspend" is compatible with Bash. "exit" is also acceptable, but it
sounds like you may not go back to GRUB. Please choose "suspend" or
"exit". I like Bash-like naming.

Sure. However Marco pointed out that this should live in commands/ , and also should be a module... so I will resubmit later. I guess there should be a commands/powerpc/ieee1275 directory though, to allow multiple commands to implement "suspend" for different archs without conflicting?

For that matter why isn't "linux" in the commands directory?

-Hollis