grub-devel

[ppc patch] trap on abort

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: [ppc patch] trap on abort
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:11:56 -0500

for (;;) is really only useful if one has a hardware debugger, which I do not. By executing a "trap" instruction, Open Firmware's exception handler is called and we have some limited debug ability, which is better than what we get from an infinite loop.

Similarly I think grub_stop() should call grub_ieee1275_exit(), but I omit that for now because we should also free up all the memory we've claimed first, and I don't have code for that yet.

2004-09-13      Hollis Blanchard        <address@hidden>

        * kern/powerpc/ieee1275/init.c (abort): trap into Open Firmware

-Hollis