grub-devel

[ppc patch] add "enter" command

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: [ppc patch] add "enter" command
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:12:35 -0500

This command allows one to drop from the Grub prompt to the Open Firmware prompt, then resume Grub again. This is very very useful to inspect the state of the device tree, or run the "reset-all" command (reboot).

Resuming Grub may not work until future memory-related patches are committed; on Old World I was unable to resume until it mysteriously started working as I worked on other code. But even so, I believe this it is still useful to allow the user to reboot the system.

2004-09-13      Hollis Blanchard        <address@hidden>

        * boot/powerpc/ieee1275/ieee1275.c (grub_ieee1275_enter): New function.
* include/grub/powerpc/ieee1275/ieee1275.h (grub_ieee1275_enter): New prototype.
        * kern/powerpc/ieee1275/init.c (enter_command): New function.
        (grub_machine_init): call grub_register_command for the new command.

-Hollis