grub-devel

Re: wiki

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: wiki
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:41:54 +0200

On Sunday 01 August 2004 22:40, Marco Gerards wrote:
> It works perfectly for me.  I just assume I have all freedom to do
> what I want.  If you don't agree with something, just change it or
> bring it up for discussion, ok?  I think that is the best way to work
> when using a wiki.

I'm used to wiki, so don't worry.

What I'm afraid of is what happens if many people access it. The machine
does not have a lot of memory, so it would be too slow to use it.

> I have added a section for bugs.  I think for know it is best to
> maintain bugs in the wiki, instead of in CVS (like we discussed about
> earlier).  If you think this is stupid, just remove it.

It's ok for now. CVS is better, since it is in the well-maintained site
(Savannah). Wiki is not very good, since it is in my personal site.

Normally, personal sites cannot be trusted, because they can disappear
or stop long suddenly. For example, if I decide to change my
appartment, I will have to stop the server, obtain a new internet
connection, change the ip address in the dns server, and so on. This
may take one week or more, especially if this movement is across
countries. If a fast connection is too expensive, I will just give up.

So I'd like to find a more stable place as soon as possible. If you have
any idea, let me know.

Okuji