grub-devel

Re: usability

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: usability
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:40:19 +0200

At Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:34:30 +0200,
Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is better to translate error messages from commands.
> This should be a bad idea from developers' point of view, but useful
> for ordinary users. More thoughts are needed.

Sometimes users come to #gnu with a make error in their own language
for example. It's pretty hard to know what's wrong. But if we give
every error message a number that is displayed this shouldn't be a
problem. People helping users can just look up what the corresponding
error message is in their own language.

Jeroen Dekkers