grub-devel

Re: calling UNDI API

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: calling UNDI API
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:29:42 +0200

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday 27 June 2004 14:16, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> "lode leroy" <address@hidden> writes:
>> > does anyone have code to call UNDI functions from withing GRUB?
>>
>> Can you please explain what this is and why you need it?
>
> UNDI is a part of PXE, and it provides a raw ethernet interface. If we
> can UNDI from GRUB, it fits into our framework, since it works in a
> similar way as etherboot drivers.

What is the best way to implement network support?  We can access the
raw interfaces using UNDI.  I think the same is possible (in such a
way) when using Open Firmware.

How will we support the other cards?  By using etherboot (or whatever
it was used in GRUB Legacy)?  What I would prefer is to have our own
TCP/IP stack that is platform independent.

--
Marco