grub-devel

Re: normal mode chainloader

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: normal mode chainloader
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:44:02 +0200

> I have still some questions about the patch.  How do both loaders
> (that is both in normal mode and rescue mode) find the generic
> chainloader?  If I understand it correctly, the chain.mod depends on
> _chain.mod, but how does this work?

The chain.mod (normal mode chainloader) contains only the code for
parsing arguments (static chainloader_command()).
This function calls symbol (grub_chainloader_cmd() that is in _chain.mod
(rescue mode chainloader), which does all the work.
In _chain.mod the function that impements rescue command chainloader
(grub_rescue_cmd_chainloader()) was splitted to function that does
argument paring, and the already mentioned function
(grub_chainloader_cmd()) that does the work.

_chain.mod is chainloader.c
chain.mod is chainloader_normal.c (and it containts omly argument
parsing)
--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik