grub-devel

calling UNDI API

From: lode leroy
Subject: calling UNDI API
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:02:17 +0200

Hi,

does anyone have code to call UNDI functions from withing GRUB?

I can obtain the physical address of a function "entry16point" or "entry32point"
which are supposedly callable from real mode and/or protected mode,
but I do not know how to use them (successfully)

I'm looking into the sources from NILO and etherboot, but there's
too much stuff to learn... (I'm not sufficiently familiar with x86 protected
mode used in grub2...)

-- lode

   u_int16_t (*entry16point)(u_int16_t func, void *param);
                               /* 16bit stack segment API entry */
                                /* point.  This will be seg:off in */
                                /* real mode and sel:off in 16:16 */
                                /* protected mode. */
   u_int16_t (*entry32point)(u_int16_t func, void *param);
                                /* 32bit stack segment API entry */
                                /* point.  This will be sel:off. */
                                /* In real mode, sel == 0 */

Online een nieuwe taal leren? http://www.msn.be/msnacademy