grub-devel

Re: Autoloading WAS: normal/cmdline bug & patch

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: Autoloading WAS: normal/cmdline bug & patch
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:02:23 +0200

> A. Load all modules at the start-up time.
>
> B. Load modules until a module succeeds to recognize a filesystem.
>
> C. Load an appropriate module using signatures or magic.

when we are talking about less than 16 modules of size less than 16k,
variant B seems to be the best for me. (With already implemented lazy
unloading of not used modules).

When this will be done, setup can be then changed to build 'core.img'
only with root filesystem by default. (Now I mean some 'easy' setup
which will build image and then install grub by one command.)
--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik