grub-devel

installing grub on drive containgin openbsd fails

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: installing grub on drive containgin openbsd fails
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 06:00:33 -0500

Setup:
       Openbsd 3.5 snapshot
       grub2 (current cvs)

If I'm reading the instruction files correctly, cvs grub is supposed
to support openbsd.

However, I've been unable to install grub using either grub-install
or setup.  I get an error 'unable to mount partition'

I'm able to boot the os from a grub floppy with no problems.
   grub> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
   grub> chainloader +1
   grub> boot
does that job without problems

However if I try to install grub directly onto (hd0) it fails:
The sequence I see goes like this:

Insert floppy disk with grub installed on it.

At grub command line:

  find /grub/grub.conf  (to verify root partition)

  (hd0,1,a)

  root (hd0,1)

  setup (hd0)
   Cannot mount selected partition

  setup (hd0,1)
    Cannot mount selected partition

Am I correct in thinking grub can be installed onto a disk containing
openbsd?  If so, how is it done?