grub-devel

Issues in implementing VESA support

From: Shivram Khandeparker
Subject: Issues in implementing VESA support
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 01:19:10 +0530

hi

Here are some issues i encountered in implementing a VESA console
for grub2

1. What happened to get_vbe_controller_info and get_vbe_mode_info?
  They dont seem to be there in grub2. Which means il have to rewrite them.
  Which should be just a copy paste from grub legacy.. right?
  If i do write them then where do i put theses functions. In my own files
  or in say startup.s (like vga does) ?

2. In my pacth i was using custom a font which was compiled into grub.
   Since the new grub has a font manager i would like to use that instead.
   Could somebody please provide me more info on using this font manager,
   like the kind of font file it uses, does it use bitmap fonts . And how do
   i access the font data once the font file is loaded.

3. If i have more than one file then should i put them in a separate
   driectory? If yes where (under term ) ?

regards
Shivram