grub-devel

Re: New GRUB web page layout

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: New GRUB web page layout
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:25:13 +0200

Thank you, Michael.

On Monday 10 May 2004 09:40, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
> I updated http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/ with a new layout, akin
> to that of gnu classpath.
> (just wait for the changes to be pushed from cvs to the webserver)

That's great.

> I'd like some feedback on what you all think of it.
> (As in what you think of the layout and what could be improved upon.)

My feeling is that it would be nicer to split the page. For example, the
menu could be like this:

==============
GNU GRUB

GRUB Legacy

  Download
  Manual
  Bug Reports
  Development

GRUB 2

  Download
  Bug Reports
  Development

Links
==============

Then, we could split the page into these:

grub.en.html
grub-legacy.en.html
grub-legacy-faq.en.html
grub-2.en.html
grub-2-faq.en.html
grub-links.en.html

Or, if you want, these could be more:

grub.en.html
grub-legacy-download.en.html
grub-legacy-faq.en.html
grub-legacy-bugs.en.html
grub-legacy-devel.en.html
grub-2-download.en.html
grub-2-faq.en.html
grub-2-bugs.en.html
grub-2-devel.en.html
grub-links.en.html

I'd like to have many small pages rather than a few big pages, because
the menu can be out of your display when you see the bottom of a page.

To split it to many pages, it would be necessary to use a kind of
preprocessor for HTML, because all HTML files should share the same
menu.

Okuji