grub-devel

UFS support

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: UFS support
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:38:46 +0200

Hi,

Just to to prevent someone else will do the same (and thus double)
work.

I am working on UFS/UFS2 support for GRUB 2 (and it is almost
finished).  After that I will work on some other filesystems:

- minixfs
- hfs / hfs+
- jfs
- reiserfs (3 and 4)
- xfs
- bfs
- ext3
(most likely inn that order)

Jeroen is working on iso9660fs now, so I will not do that.

If I do not send any email about this, please assume I am working on
it.  But if someone else wants to work on one of these things please
tell me.

All these filesystems will be written from scratch (because I want to
learn about the filesystems and I just like doing this work -- a lot).

If I forgot to mention one important filesystem, please tell me.
Requests for less important are of course welcome, but do not expect
anything.

Thanks,
Marco