grub-devel

Re: Anyone working on graphics console for GRUB 2?

From: Shivram Khandeparker
Subject: Re: Anyone working on graphics console for GRUB 2?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 01:53:19 +0530

On Monday 10 May 2004 15:45, M. Gerards wrote:

> I think the best way to do this is by using VESA.  At the moment there
> is a VGA framebuffer, but it needs to be fixed.  If you want to work
> on this, can you fix the VGA framebuffer?

I had written a VESA splashimage patch for grub legacy.
It was working fine, but i wasnt really able to add more features to it.
Since the new grub is supposed to have a graphics console i could
integrate my old patch into it.

I was wondering if i could start right away or should i wait for the
new source to mature a bit. Please point me in the right direction.

regards
Shivram