grub-devel

Re: grub2 bug and question

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: grub2 bug and question
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:13:07 +0100

Quoting Sergey Matveychuk <address@hidden>:

> Hello.
>
> I've begun work with grub2 sources. There is some progress.
>
> I've found a bug:
> util/pupa-emu.c:main() - grub2 can't guess a root device because
> pupa_guess_root_device() called before pupa_util_biosdisk_init().
>
> pupa_guess_root_device() use map[] before it's filled in
> pupa_util_biosdisk_init().

Thanks for the report.  I will have a look at this problem in the weekend.
Can you descibe how I can reproduce your problem?

> Question: it's looks like a root command get only disk name (root (hd0))
> and don't understand old syntax: root (hd0,1,a)?

My guess is that no one worked on BSD support.  There is something there, but I
am not sure if it is tested.

The root command will be removed and variables will be used instead.  For
example:

root=(hd0,1)

--
Marco