grub-devel

from pupa to grub or grub2

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: from pupa to grub or grub2
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:35:48 +0100

Now this list is functional. There seems to be some trouble in the GNU
mail server, though.

I started to replace pupa with grub or grub2. It still contains PUPA in
many places, but I'd like to remove all PUPA names from GRUB 2, so that
the user wouldn't be confused with the mixture of project names.

But I have one question: Which is better, GRUB 2 or GRUB? Since the code
base is quite different, I think the distinction between GRUB and GRUB
2 is a good thing, although I prefer GRUB to GRUB 2 as a software name.

For now, I call it sometimes GRUB 2, and sometimes just GRUB. IMO, it is
better to have a good guideline which specifies which name should be
used in a given situation. Do you have any idea?

Okuji