[grt-talk] big league canvass

From: Marjory Dillard
Subject: [grt-talk] big league canvass
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:28:12 +0200

If this works well, I'll be able to keep the members updated on all the shoots from London and Prague. They belonged to me, and I can't recall why, but we thought it was a good idea at the time.
Check it out for some informative reading. I've been travelling and shooting in Europe much of the summer, so I'm just now catching up with everything back here in my California studio. I'm optimistic about the prognosis for recovery, but it's been a rough period.
Midori brought her along to model for one of the chapter openers, and I immediately knew I'd want to shoot more of her than we'd planned to be doing that day.
Also, it will evidently be broadcast several times over the month of April - will try to get the exact air dates shortly.
I'll be posting a few exclusive samples of the Prague sessions shortly. I'll be posting a few exclusive samples of the Prague sessions shortly. As a start on this venture, I've started doing a lot more experimenting with natural light and non-canvas environments.
If anyone saw the show, please let me know how it came out. Today's update is Michelle, who came to the studio for a private session and had such a nice time that she overcame her shyness and allowed me to post some of the shots. If the idea is popular, I may offer it as a member perk in the near future. More of this session coming up.
This is the third or fourth session where I've shot someone on this carpet. Also, I'm making some changes to the gallery presentations - let me know what you think.
These shots of Seven were done in my San Francisco office, prior to moving into the Emeryville studio.
I'm working on a customized tripod solution, so I'm sure you'll see more of this theme in the future.
We can all stop spending billions for American dental work and research. I love the way it frames the model, making it almost appear she's hanging on the wall.
In the age of digital pictures, darkrooms will soon be a quaint dim memory - so I advise anyone who has any interest in acquiring hand-made fiber prints to do it now. Also note, you may be charged a Verizon fee, probably .
Some of these girls are just beginning their careers, and I suspect you'll be seeing them on other sites, or in magazines before too long.
As some of you have noticed, we're now sizing the images a bit larger - I hope they'll still fit on most screens.