[grt-talk] hone

From: Anthony Hopper
Subject: [grt-talk] hone
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:43:56 +0200

When asked "Will law firms and lawyers eventually embrace the blog as a form of advertising or a demonstration of proficiency in certain fields? He's been able to leverage an entertaining anonymous lawyer blog about life in a big New York law firm into broad news coverage and publication of a good book.
All in all a great place to learn more about blog writing and marketing. You'll then subscribe them by email to your blog.
We were in agreement it's a hell of a blog.
Unless they happen to be frustrated novelists.
I've tried to present them in a particular order that I think helps create a coherent message. Two, people could see that I knew something about the area of law in which they needed help. Like most things, the good stuff comes from the Midwest. One, people are drawn to lawyers' on the net who publish practical legal information.
I guess for really technical specialties, I can see where demonstrated understanding of the area, as expressed in a blog, could be helpful. Downloading and installing applications in large firms is tough as professionals' machines are often locked down. For non-lawyers, solicitation is a legal ethics violation.
That goes for consumers or business exec's.
' Ten years ago he had the edge over lawyers who did have a website like him. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just tha. For the early adopters, small firms with niche practices or individual lawyers in larger firms with a specialty, a blog can be a remarkably powerful tool.
For the early adopters, small firms with niche practices or individual lawyers in larger firms with a specialty, a blog can be a remarkably powerful tool.
The upcoming release of Vista will do that. He knows other lawyers will catch onto blogging but he's not interesting in accelerating the pace.
And that's without the vast majority of desktops having software for the use of RSS. I'm not sure that if I were choosing a law firm, I'd be reading blogs to figure out legal competency, as opposed to checking with past clients, or however else people choose their lawyers.
You or someone in your firm has that time.
I am suggesting that they let those council know of the blog and to subscribe to same. Strong internal linking between posts. For the early adopters, small firms with niche practices or individual lawyers in larger firms with a specialty, a blog can be a remarkably powerful tool. There are often last-minute airfare specials that make travel between Hartford's Bradley Airport and a variety of domestic and international destinations.
I guess for really technical specialties, I can see where demonstrated understanding of the area, as expressed in a blog, could be helpful. Hartford County is home to five Connecticut State Parks where you can walk, hike or bike this fall. For non-lawyers, solicitation is a legal ethics violation.
RSS and blogs are a big deal now.