[grt-talk] butcher

From: Nance Lambert
Subject: [grt-talk] butcher
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:50:50 +0900

The boat, inside and out, was soon coated with ice. Itseemed to him that he was never coming up.
The exercise was welcome, for the cold was piercingbeyond belief.
She likes it down here, likes the crew, she does; yes,and the critters, too.
I thought at the veryfirst that I loved you the way a fellow should love the girl hemeans to marry. Their mittens were armoredgauntlets hooked about the oar handles. The cutter had turned and was racing in pursuit.
He was lying where he had fallen, his face white, and groaningbetween his set teeth.
As for taking them ashore in the lifeboat that was out ofthe question now.
If you say another word aboutbacking out or lying down, Ill knock your head through that wall.
Then,after a struggle with his conscience, he tore it open and added apostscript. He had remained in his room ever since his daughtersdeparture.
He added that thegale seemed to be lessening but that it was colder than ever.
It caught up withthe Flyaway and slackened speed.
What the devil is the matter with you,Wallie? She wouldnt want you to; thats the way I feel. Its all right, its all right, he saidonce more. All that night the Flyaway rolled and wallowed. It is too late, anyway, and I am beginning not to care a great dealwhether you ever come or not.
He was lying where he had fallen, his face white, and groaningbetween his set teeth.