[grt-talk] thirteen

From: Sebastian Cuevas
Subject: [grt-talk] thirteen
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:55:06 +0200

Now then, said Podington, take your hat, Thomas, and Ill try todrive.
Podington, applying his whip upon the plungingbeast.
If Ilived near a canal I believe I would buy a boat and train my horse totow.
Breach-of-promise cases were his peculiar aversion. He would not mind it in the least, said he.
Youve got to convince that jury yourself. Buller at all, and he did not hesitate to show his annoyance.
See; a littleto the right, then a back, then a sweep to the left and we will begoing the other way. Well, I reckon as soon as I can trot out and call her. Buller was the first to make the promised country visit.
I have, replied the other; I wrestled with that tiller and I wonderit didnt throw me out.
The Colonel nodded naturally and approvingly. Well settle this business in veryshort order now.
Thus proceeding, they presented a strange sight. Thats so, said Buller; she leaks like a sieve. See; a littleto the right, then a back, then a sweep to the left and we will begoing the other way. It was something horrible, threatening to rise andenvelop him. Theboats generally start about this time in the morning, and I will goand see about it. But during all these years neither of them hadvisited the other in his country home. Podington agreed with his friend that walking home was the bestthing they could do. It is lovely, said his friend; I never get tired of driving throughthis country. Podington looked at it eagerly; it was not very smalland not flimsy.
Podington gave ahowl of horror, and the horse, with high, uplifted head, was obligedto swim.
Do you carry anything to bail her out with?
Podington said not a word; he expected every moment to see thehorse sink into a watery grave. They were large, brown, and soft, yet filled with anextraordinary penetration and prescience.
The idea that he would think of buying a boat made Mr.
No, said Podington, he isnt an ox; but perhaps I can stop him. I have gone to thebottom in a foundered road-wagon. Podington, I wish the canal weretwelve miles long. In fact, Imight almost call it beautiful. Podingtons clothes didnot fit him, and his own outdoor suit was so shrunken as to beuncomfortable.
Theboats generally start about this time in the morning, and I will goand see about it. Podington rolledup his life-preserver and carried it under his arm. If you cant steer him any other way, said Buller, we must get thereins.
Then feeling himself growing imbecile, he forced an equally weakgravity. He had notmentioned the subject of horses to his friend, but he knew throughMrs.