[grt-talk] rayon

From: Eva Robinson
Subject: [grt-talk] rayon
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:14:25 +0300

He hesitated and regarded me searchingly.
We had dined together, but no word of the events of the past fewweeks had passed between us. His appearance wasdistinguished, and his manner courteous and kindly.
Immerely stating a simple fact culled from observation.
A ducks spoors, on the other hand, I might be tempted totake at their face value. He has completely forgiven you for everything.
Lawyers dont really wantevidence; they want erudite technicalities. And have you paused to consider that your first case may even bedevoid of footprints?
Vance had many amazing gifts and capabilities. He was a moderately tall man,clean-shaven, gray-haired, and firmly set up. Histechnique, so to speak, was bold, direct, and fearless.
Hastening to the door, I summoned Currie and told him to call Vanceat once.
His trial before Judge Rudolph Hansacker, asyou remember, created a nationwide sensation.
Again,women dont stand up to argue a point before a seated antagonist.
If there werent rules of evidence,grave injustice would too often be done innocent persons.
ColonelOstrander, however, has never forgiven Markham for not having hadhim called as a witness. Heaths constitution must be tough, or he wouldnthave recovered so quickly. And dont scrutinize thefigurative footprints in the snow too closely.
Lawyers dont really wantevidence; they want erudite technicalities. Margaret Odell was found strangled this morning, amended Markhambrusquely.
Markham, you should have been a pedagogue.
Vance had many amazing gifts and capabilities.
Tell meexactly why, at the outset, you were convinced of the majorsguilt?
Crime isnt amass instinct except during wartime, and then its merely an obscenesport. Pfyfe is still married and as elegant as ever.
God help the innocent Daniel who inadvertentlyfalls into a den of legal lions!
His trial before Judge Rudolph Hansacker, asyou remember, created a nationwide sensation.
I admit that at times it may bemisleading; but it often forms powerful presumptive proof of guilt. They talkbetter sitting; whereas men talk better standing.
Your aesthetic deductions seemed to put you onthe right track. Direct evidence, in the very nature of crime, is almostalways unavailable. A little later Markham rose and stretched himself. A ducks spoors, on the other hand, I might be tempted totake at their face value. The police, not beinglawyers, have apparently got you into hot water, what?
You certainly guessed the majors reaction, said Markham. And you can realize the significance of the crime.