[grt-talk] seek

From: Austin Blue
Subject: [grt-talk] seek
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:24:40 +0200

Nobody but Barbara would have introduced it.
You have done mischief enough forone morning. And you would sendme back to France by the next ship, as you sent Barbara. Protestantismand parliaments instead of citizenship.
And we must not forget that he never asked us to come intoit. I can paint a womans beauty; but I cannot measureit in a pint pot.
Charles always encouragesinfidels and libertines to blaspheme. I see I shall not succeed in England as a painter.
It ismy duty as a Catholic and a Christian. All I can say is that whenMontezuma speaks those lines he drops dead. But beware how you let these bold impious fellowsextinguish hope in you.
I will paint his picture if your Majesty so desires. Just so: six of one and half a dozen of the other. What he says calls for an answer, Mr Newton.
Buthow can an interesting head contain no brain: that is the question.
When a king is shunned, and his heir is courted, hisdeath is not far off. You should address yourself to His Majesty. You would not grudge these poor fellows their fifteenshillings if you knew what women cost. But I amKing of England; and my head is still on my shoulders.
And you would sendme back to France by the next ship, as you sent Barbara.
Her Graces beauty is still so famous that we are alltired of it. I should become that dull thing, a plain woman. You have to wear leather breeches lestyou be mistaken for me. Charles always encouragesinfidels and libertines to blaspheme.
But I am yourwife and must put up with it.
Sir: you began it, you and this infidel quaker.
Why is it that we always talk of my fathers head andnever of my great grandmothers? I cannot have any more of this ungodly talk. And you really did not send for Cleveland to come back? But why not follow the inner light that has saved you fromthe Churches? In the end one learns to leave the body out.
The player woman goes with her dear old Fox.