[grt-talk] revolution guard

From: Joanna Parker
Subject: [grt-talk] revolution guard
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:21:29 -0500

Theres not a capful of wind,and its as safe as crossing a voe. It was fire that somehow at the back of his headhe dreaded for himself and his belongings.
Immediately after luncheon I rang up Hjalmarshavn, but could notget through.
They wereprisoners, mere helpless baggage to be towed in the wake of theenemy. I asked crossly, for the motor-boatwas our only transport to the outer world.
The Skipper bowed to Anna and nodded pleasantly to Peter John.
Come along, my dears, but I think youd betterleave the bird here. At any cost he and Anna must get off andcarry the fateful news.
Come along, my dears, but I think youd betterleave the bird here. He followed Martel on deck, feeling as if the end of allthings had come.
Too much of a grubby trawler fortheir nice clothes. A stubbornsilence was the one course left to them. He could make nothing of thehammock, so he sat himself on the heap of blankets and tried tothink. The sight of the man sent a spasm of sharp fear through PeterJohns dull misery.
Somehow I felt thatthe trim little ship kept us in touch with civilized things.
He did notclamp it down, but left it ajar. Where they were, how they had got here, I never troubledto think. He wrapped the paper in a bit of silk torn from hisnecktie, and tied it round Morags leg.
I dont know why hetold me that, but he seemed to think it important, for he said itseveral times. Once we get to bargaining weput the lid on his bloody piracy, and thats what we most want.
Behind all his escapadeswith Anna had been this serious preoccupation.
Ive had the same idea myself, but Itell you it wont do. Peter John darted after her and tried its handle.
Like a stone from acatapult she shot up into the moonlit fog. Meantime, in the deck-house they had left, there was a feverishcouncil. He has awonderful place over there, hasnt he? I have heard nothing of Clanroyden since we leftLondon. And now, he said, let me have a look at our hostages. Albinus was the common rogue who had alreadyknown the shady side of the law. She took Annas hand and led her out, andthe boy followed.
Hell descend on the Islandlike a marauding Viking and hold em up. He saw that I was anxious, and he did hisbest to live up to my instructions.
You must be our guests for the night, I fear, he said. I felt myself set down on a possible battlefieldwith no sign of the commander-in-chief.
Peter John listened with interest,and at the end with disapproval.
Magnificent, wonderful, terrible, inhuman,like some devastating force of nature.
Besides, in this weather they wont see us from the shore.
Haraldsen farmed his land for him, since histwo sons had both perished at sea. There was a revolver for eachof us, and a spare one which I had destined for Peter John.
I ran back to the House in what was pretty near a panic.