[grt-talk] twelfth mischief

From: Edgar Jacobs
Subject: [grt-talk] twelfth mischief
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:45:53 +0300

And now, Sanoma Tora, I said, for a few moments, goodbye! They can have peace if they want it as far as I am concerned, I said. We werealone and on foot in a strange and, doubtless, an unhospitable country,U-Gor! They can have peace if they want it as far as I am concerned, I said. Then I raised the hatch and stepped to the sill.
In an instant I realized that a master hand was wielding that blade.
Grumbling, he opened one of the keel hatches and very unceremoniouslydropped me through it. Even these poor degraded creaturespossess human emotions. I could scent the wounded vanity in her tone. I made him rise and walk to the window and there I assisted him to thesill. Then I returned to the closet where Tul Axtarlay bound and gagged. If such a one exists, I mused, but sheinterrupted my meditation with a question. No; she would suffer, of that Iwas sure; but that thought gave me no pleasure.
Even these poor degraded creaturespossess human emotions.
Then write what I dictate, I instructed her.
With it weshould have no difficulty in eluding all dangers between here andGathol. Was Sanoma Tora, a slave, less desirable to methan Sanoma Tora, daughter of the rich Tor Hatan?
I loved her and I couldnot even now wish her unhappiness.
It is madness to think that two of us could leavewithout being detected.
Tavia, I could not wish to die while you live.
How might one thus burdened have time forthoughts of love? SanomaTora crouched against the wall, apparently overcome by terror.
How far we traveled or in what direction, I did not know.
That puts an end to this place, I said to Tavia, telling her what Ihad seen.
How far we traveled or in what direction, I did not know. Perhaps they do not care to share the fate of their fellows, shesaid.
They were too faraway for me to be able to do more than identify them as human beings.
It was not the apartment of a Jeddara; it was a little better than thecell of a slave. His courtiers will not return until he summons them, I reminded her.