[grt-talk] curtail panhandle

From: Veronica Jefferson
Subject: [grt-talk] curtail panhandle
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:57:49 +0200

Benijah was kneeling by the roadside, apparently introuble.
Honest, I never could understand why a man with Chris Trentsjudgment ever let him make the try.
Dont yousuppose I feel enough of a fool without being reminded that I amone?
Hetties prouder of bein a Bradford justnow than shes been for a long spell.
I tell em, What if hecouldnt swing a job like that?
Trippin the lightfrantic toe at her time of life!
Banks went home that night in a far happier mood than for weeks.
Folks are wonderin when the weddin bells are gointo ring. The only sane procedure wasto save whatever might be saved.
I suppose I shouldnt say it now, but it is true; I havereason to know it.
And fromthe other end of the bundle came a muffled command. Margaret did not believe him, and she told her son so when later onthey were alone together. Then he heard a voice outside the openwindow, calling his name. Of course, she announced, that aint any of my business, Mr. He mightnot be able to find them, but at least he could try.
Moreover, looking on and listening were far more entertaining. He was over home, toOstable, and he never got to the fire till twas out. Dont yousuppose I feel enough of a fool without being reminded that I amone? You aintseen Elizabeth since the fire, I presume likely? What in time you luggin them bedcomforters around for?
With a snap it flew open, and he stepped into the room.
If it want for you Denboro might be short one leadin citizen. I shall be morethan ever the town joke, after this, of course. Simpkins was in the middle of a long and tangled sentence, andthe interruption startled her.
Margaret did not believe him, and she told her son so when later onthey were alone together.
Youve got yourself talkedabout again, son.
He even laughed a little as he told his mother the story.
Truman had got overheated, had caught cold and wasconfined to her room with rheumatism. Why dont you get hersome ammonia or somethin?
He had taken but two steps when they called hisname.
So therehe was again, precisely where he started. Banks found it a hard walk home through the bitter cold and thesavage wind. Banks turned the knob, butit did not open. Almostevery person whom he met had something to say about his coolnessand grit. Im beginnin to believe you can know more and say less than anyother man on earth. He stepped back, then once more threw himself against the door.
She may not believe, but, heavens and earth, how shewill GUESS!