[grt-talk] upfront

From: Christy Cummings
Subject: [grt-talk] upfront
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:32:40 -0400

Boris was there, waving his stick andbeaming.
By the way, I haveunfortunately left my notecase at home. Itwas a marvellous change for the better after two bad days. After eating, Boris became more optimistic than I had ever known him. It looks as though they weregoing to the laundry downstairs. I stayed at home for thesecond post; still no letter. We sat most of that day in the Jardindes Plantes.
It was a hundred-pound block of ice, carried by a blue-apronedporter.
Remember to bring a parcel of washing next time you come.
Remember to bring a parcel of washing next time you come.
I have always said it, there is nothing easier toget than money. After this the CHEF DU PERSONNEL appeared and spoke to me.
He was an Italian,with a round, pale face, haggard from overwork. The unshaven one said:EVIDEMMENT, you have a thorough knowledge of conditions in England.
Then he entered the dining-room and sailed across it dish in hand,graceful as a swan.
Soapparently even a seventy-eight-hour week can leave one with some vitality. Apartfrom this the hotel, which was large and well organized, was considered acomfortable one.
If we got tothem at once they may commission you to write the articles.
Anyone coming into the basement for the first time wouldhave thought himself in a den of maniacs.
But the DAILY MAIL is a Conservative paper. Then, with obvious pride, heshowed us over the restaurant. Then Iremembered the Russian restaurant, due to open in a fortnight. You are, for example, making toast, when bang! When I told him what had happened, he was furious. Ibis was my first lesson inPLONGEUR morality. When we were certain that the coast was clear we dived quickly intothe doorway. I turned my collar inside out this morning;but what is the use, one side is as dirty as the other.
Boris banged his stick on the pavement and cried out at suchstupidity. All the departments had their special perquisites.