[grt-talk] mooch

From: Madeleine Acevedo
Subject: [grt-talk] mooch
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:22:02 -0500

None of the girls in school can make point lace. I called it The White Lady first but nowIve changed it to The Child of the Sea.
If he had I suppose hewould have killed her.
Aunt Elizabethsaid We might as well let her. All Emilys dread of Father Cassidyreturned.
Aunt Laura wasnicer but when she said, Dont cry, dear.
The By and Father Cassidy listened with equalgravity until she had finished.
ForEmily thought her heart WAS breaking; she couldnt go on living andsuffering like this.
Goodness knows what youll be doing when you grow up. I have written a descripshun of her on a letter-bill.
Emily gave up trying to understand Father Cassidy. And she is interesting although she is notnice. You are not going to receive letters I am not tosee, Miss. It is raining to-night and it sounds like fairies feet dancingover the garret roof.
Somehow she had entire confidencein Father Cassidy. SuddenlyFather Cassidy leaned across the table and said,Now, just whats bothering you?
Perhaps it WAS a dreadful thing to do from everypoint of view. And all the girls in school arejust wild because they hear us talking in it and cant make it out.
And she did not mind letting FatherCassidy hear her precious stuff.
Then the By winked at her, butFather Cassidy put his long brown fingers together.
Mrs Cassidy smiled, kissed Emily, said she must go out and finishher preserving, and trotted off. Mrs Cassidys plum cake was all her reverend sonclaimed, and the cream cow seemed to be no myth.
THAT means My father is dead and sois my mother.
And it was so annoying to hear those boys talking French when wecouldnt understand a word of it.
I thought I would write this to you, dear Father, because itstruck me as humerus.