[grt-talk] polyester diphthong

From: Arnold Covington
Subject: [grt-talk] polyester diphthong
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:23:04 -0400

I think Ill go and look if I can see the she-fox, he said. I mean about you and Nellie, if you are going on with thisbusiness. Well, you have to hear it for the first time, havent you? Then she said, in a vague, almostpained voice:No, Im not laughing at you. And March strode up and tookALL the parcels except a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums. His face seemed extraordinarily like a piece ofthe out-of-doors come indoors: as holly-berries do. His heart beat deep and powerful as he thought of that. It was cutjust plain and round at the top, and showed her white, soft throat. He creptvery, very gently up the one step, and along by the wall, till hestood outside their door. He sat stiff in his chair, staring with hot, blue eyes from hisscarlet face. He became very red, vermilion, under the slow, vague stare frombehind the spectacles. He stood under one ofthe wild pear trees, with the old dead leaves round his feet. And that he should have his arm round her, outside the blanket! And I mean I dont believe in making fun of itmyself. Henry had hung it up by the heels in theshed, with its poor brush falling backwards. Banfords voice:No, I simply couldnt stand it. The boy bent over him and smelt his foxy smell. Sort of old age pensions, she said dryly. What, have you been dreaming of a wedding? So he drew March slowly through the doorway. You mean they wouldnt make you a good wife. My word, I wouldnt be in your shoes, ifyou married him. I should think youre never going out at this time of night,Nellie! So he told himself, and his blood burned. Oh, for goodness sake, say something, somebody, cried Banfordfretfully.