Re: [grt-talk] Accuracy bug

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] Accuracy bug
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:38:33 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Simon Adameit wrote:

> Ok, I just wasn't sure what reasons you had for not using methods, I
> didn't know that it is too slow.

The thing is that methods have runtime dispatch. (Or so I believe.
CLOS is still a bit of a blind spot for me.) This is a very nice feature,
but it hurts the performance. Happily enough there are functions when speed
is more important than flexibility. I think we could benefit from using
CLOS (and methods) in the user level API's, though. Have to do some
thinking.

> Will you test classes vs. structs?

Yeah. When I find the time. If you have the time... please do!

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus