Re: [grt-talk] textures

From: Simon Adameit
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] textures
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:51:34 +0200

Nikodemus Siivola wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Simon Adameit wrote:

Whats your state on bounding? I ask cause in case you don't already do

Actually I'm waiting for new and imporved unit-boxes... ;) What's your
status?

Uhm...

I'm a bit of two minds about the inside -function.

When I said bounding the insede function I really meant bounding the inside-p function , we should really have inside-p and proximity.

On the other hand, it's a nice one to ave (and better renamed proximity),
because for many objects it's easy to write one that gives a linear
distance to object surface: and that's something that is going to be very
usefull in any muber of situations later on.

On the other hand, the only reason it *currently* exists in stead of just
inside-p is that I had difficulty getting CSG normals right with just
inside-p. I think we want to have proximity for all objects we can
reasonably define it for, and then try to get as much of csg as possible to
work with just inside-p.

Can you describe difficulties? I looked at the source couldnt find them.

Glad you like it. ;)

However, for the duration I think it may be wiser to keep up with
"baby-steps" to accumulate our collective lisp & CG knowledge pool.

Ok.