[grt-talk] SDL Rendering window

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: [grt-talk] SDL Rendering window
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:16:25 +0300 (EEST)

Some ideas:

What if we updated the screen per time, not per row: check how long it has
been since last update, and if necessary blit anew. This way renders that
slow down to crawl in the middle of a row get blitted even in the middle,
and renders that go fast can be blitted several rows at a time.  Refresh
rate could be user configurable.

Would it be possible to open a new window for each rendered image?
I realize we would either have to spawn threads, which on CMUCL is x86
specific, or do some pretty funky event-looping.

Hmm. Does cl-sdl provide the SDL-threads? Maybe we could use them: after
rendering has finished start a new event-handler loop in an sdl-thread,
that just waits for close-event. Dunno if it's doable, though.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus