[grt-talk]Re: GRT

From: Jason Dagit
Subject: [grt-talk]Re: GRT
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:27:11 -0800

This is relevant to the project so I'm sending to the list...

Nikodemus Siivola wrote (on Mon, 31 Mar 2003 at 01:10 +0300):

 > On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Jason Dagit wrote:
 >
 > > Looks like I'm setup correctly.  I added a file called
 > > CVS-COMMIT-TEST.  We can either remove it or leave it for anyone
 > > else that needs to test their CVS setup.
 >
 > Either is fine.

I'll leave it for now then.

 > Actually: an amendment to the ask-before-commit rule: if you add a
 > new file (for example sdl-rendering stuff), feel free to add and
 > commit it as long as it's not part of grt.lisp.

Okay, it will probably be only a few lines.  I think I can do it all
in a (defun render-sdl ...).

 > Since I've been working on my own so far I haven't given much
 > thought to CVS style. Basically I've been operating on my
 > collection of bad habits, which include making sweeping changes
 > late at night. ;) Suggestions to are welcome.

Okay, the only suggestion I have is that we fix up the comments at the
beginning of the files.  I use emacs for everything and it likes
comment blocks to get either ;; or ;;;.  Not a big deal though.

 > > Are there any other cvs-rules you'd like observed?
 >
 > Not really -- only that I prefer to create new directories in CVS
 > only after the need is well established.

I think it would be nice to have a doc and src directory, but I guess
right now the doc directory wouldn't really be justified.

Jason