Re: Writing techical paper

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: Writing techical paper
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 20:50:38 +0200

Hi Bento,

1.27 cm is a "funny broken number" only in SI units, in imperial units
it is a clean half inch (1 inch = 2.54 cm).

Best,

Oliver.

On 15/05/2024 19:53, Bento Borges Schirmer wrote:
Hi people,

I started to replicate the SBC template found here:

https://www.sbc.org.br/documentos-da-sbc/summary/169-templates-para-artigos-e-capitulos-de-livros/878-modelosparapublicaodeartigos

I'm using mm, but then I stumbled upon a problem: indentation, such as
setting the number register Pi, can only be specified in ens!
Meanwhile, the template requires 1.27 centimeters. It is a funny
broken number, but anyway.

Unaware of this, I tried to specify ".nr Pi 1.27c", and then groff
would scream several times with:

troff:body.mm:55: warning [p 1, 6.9i]: cannot break line
troff:body.mm:70: warning [p 1, 9.1i]: cannot break line
...and so forth

Unless there is a workaround, I'll try some other macro package.

This is not really a question, let's say I'm just chatting and
speaking my thoughts out loud! I'm open to suggestions and directions
hehe.

Best regards,
Bento

--