Re: Instructions for minimal documents

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Instructions for minimal documents
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:25:31 -0600

Hi Oliver,

At 2023-11-21T15:06:37+0100, Oliver Corff via wrote:
> Dear Branden,
>
> you got me immediately on this one. Please accept my sincerest
> apologies, the production environment here still is based on 1.22.4.

No apologies necessary; as a Debian user since the 1990s I know how long
it can take for stable releases to percolate into production
environments.

Though the all-time winner in groff's case is probably Mac OS X, which
clung to groff 1.19 for well over a decade, snarling and spitting at
later releases because they used GPLv3.

> I'll take a new tour of the 1.23.0 man pages.

You might also consider checking out documentation from the bleeding
edge.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17ftu3z31couf07/AAC_9kq0ZA-Ra2ZhmZFWlLuva?dl=0

Regards,
Branden