Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages f

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages for groff project
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:43:09 -0400

   There is a stale directory in the GNU groff project's website.

   https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/manual/html_node/

   This corresponds to the groff 1.22.4 release, which is nearly 5 years
   old.

   The directory also shows up in ViewVC.

   https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/

   However it is _not_ present in my CVS checkout.

How did you checkout your directory?  What did you do in your
checkout?

I did a fresh checkout, and manual/ is there, as it should be from the
looks of it.  So it is not stale, might be out-dated, but that is
becuase nobody removed it.

   My memories of CVS are that it didn't handle symlinks well.

   Does this require administrative intervention?

I'm not sure what intervention is needed, manual/ is part of the
source tree, nobody (you?) never removed it.