bisecting with submodules: a pain

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: bisecting with submodules: a pain
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 03:12:41 -0500

Hi Bertrand,

I hope this message finds you well!

Do you have any advice for going a Git bisection of the groff repo given
that the gnulib submodule is present?

I had occasional trouble with this before the 1.23.0 release but now it
is much worse, and the disappearing "uniwidth.h" file breaks all my
attempts.  I looked at the usual StackOverPlaces and such, and couldn't
find anything squarely on point...maybe our exact use of submodules is
unusual, though it _seems_ simple.

I'd appreciate any advice you have so that I can add it to our HACKING
file.

Regards,
Branden