Re: groff 1.23.0.rc2 readiness

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: groff 1.23.0.rc2 readiness
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 23:11:31 +0200

Hi Branden,

On Wed, May 25 2022 at 10:56:37 PM, "G. Branden Robinson"
<g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Can you do the "git tag 1.23.0.rc2"?

Sorry for my late answer, I have some annoying health issues since June
(basically a problem in my internal ear that makes me dizzy).  Nothing
too serious (at least for the moment) but currently I have to somehow
reduce my time working on a computer.

As you are the most active developer, would you consider taking over the
maintainership of groff?  Making a release is not too complicated (In
fact, what took a long time for me was to fill the administrative papers
and obtain all the access to the various servers and ftp), I'm sure you
would be able to do it without problems, and you will have a better
control on the schedule of your dev/changes.

Regards,

Bertrand