Re: Updated install-font.sh

From: Deri
Subject: Re: Updated install-font.sh
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 22:45:48 +0100

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 19:28:28 BST Peter Schaffter wrote:
> Robert Goulding discovered that contents of the
> system font/devps/download file must be present in
> site-font/devps/download.  Similarly, freeeuro.pfa and EURO need
> to be copied into site/font/devpdf/ and registered in its download
> file.

Hi Peter,

I don't think the site_font download file for devpdf requires the Euro stuff
repeated, so long as it is in the system download file already. Gropdf already
searches in all expected font directories for download files and builds a map
in memory.

There is probably no problem with duplicating the entry. Currently duplicates
overwrite and it searches in the order -F dir, $GROFF_FONTPATH (from the
environment), then the "standard" places, site_font, system font, /usr/lib/
font.

Joerg said he would report if it didn't work in this way, i.e. unnecessary to
duplicate download entries. So far I have not heard anything.

Cheers

Deri