Re: [BUG] italics run past where they should

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [BUG] italics run past where they should
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:31:48 -0500

At 2022-08-16T15:13:54+0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> That's weird; I used both xterm and xfce-terminal, and both seem to
> reproduce it.  I documented all of the software I used to reproduce it
> in this message:
>
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2022-07/msg00095.html>

Ah right, thanks.  I installed the xfce4-terminal package (0.8.10-1) and
couldn't reproduce it there, either.

> Do you have any Debian Sid system (all of my computers are running
> some variant of Sid; most are Debian, and one is Devuan)?

My days of running unstable are in the past, I'm afraid, at least until
I get moving on joining Colin Watson as groff package maintainer, at
which time I'll have to get comfortable with it again.  But before that,
we gotta release groff 1.23.

I think it might be a good idea at this point to see if we can narrow
down which terminal escape sequences are working incorrectly.

What do you see if you run the following shell command?

$ printf '\e[1mbold\e[7minversebold\e[27mbold\e[22mnormal\e[0m\n'

Regards,
Branden