Regarding groff and eqn

From: Riza Dindir
Subject: Regarding groff and eqn
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 12:56:30 +0300

Hello All,

I am using groff 1.22.4 on FreBSD 13.1. Wanted to write inline
equations (in a document that uses ms macros), and it does not give me
any inline equations. I must be missing something or doing something
wrong.

Here is my simple document.

.TH
Inline math
.NH
Start
.LP
.EQ
delim $$
.EN
.LP
This is some paragraph with inline math: $sum from 1 to 10 = 5 + x$.

I do process this with

pic inline-math.ms | groff -ms > main.ps

But all I get in the document is a centered line with delim $$
following with the paragraph that is given as the last line in the
document.

How could I do inline math expressions in paragraphs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Riza