Re: mom problem

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: mom problem
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 12:08:32 -0400

This post is for Ulrich Lauther.  An off-list reply I sent came back
to me with

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
    554 IP=66.96.187.3 - A problem occurred. (Ask your postmaster for help or
to contact tosa@rx
+.t-online.de to clarify.)

Apologies for cluttering the list.  I hope Ulrich is still
subscribed.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022, Ulrich Lauther wrote:
> I run into the problem, that after an automatic page break spacing
> seems not to work for a while.
>
> Inserting a line containing just "~" helps, .rs does not help.
> Before I prepare a minimal test file (eliminating my own macros),
> have you got any idea?

Does this help?

  https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/momdoc/docprocessing.html#add-space

The end of the section on ADD_SPACE covers RESTORE_SPACE, which may
be what you need.  There are a couple of circumstances under which
mom is unable to restore vertical spacing after a page transition
automatically, which is what RESTORE_SPACE is for.  Without a test
file, I can't say whether this is genuinely one of them or a bug.
See if RESTORE_SPACE helps.  If not, I'll need a test file to see
exactly where things are going wrong.

Cheers.

--
Peter Schaffter