Re: Fixes for several contrib/mom/momdoc files

From: Deri
Subject: Re: Fixes for several contrib/mom/momdoc files
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:07:51 +0100

On Thursday, 28 July 2022 12:42:52 BST Alexis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wanting to have the MOM documentation on my e-reader, i couldn't
> find a single-file PDF or EPUB version, so i tried using pandoc to
> convert the HTML files to an EPUB. However, pandoc kept aborting
> due to the invalid markup in several of the files, resulting in
> multiple 'TagClose: "div"' errors.
>
> The attached diff includes what i needed to do in order to avoid
> these errors (and perhaps some theoretically-unneeded fixes as
> well). It doesn't address many other markup errors reported by
> Emacs' nXML mode, most of which are "Element not allowed in this
> context" and "Unknown element" errors. The latter were caused by
> the use of '<nobr>'; i gather one one is supposed to instead use
> the 'white-space' CSS property.
>

> Alexis.

Hi Alexis,

I wrote a script to turn the html documentation into a mom document. The html
version is not intended to be structured as a book so the resulting pdf is
just a bunch of chapters. Also, since the conversion is done by an an
algorithm, choices of page breaks is arbitrary and not ideal. If this is any
use you can build the pdf with:-

gunzip mom-book.mom.gz
pdfmom mom-book.mom > mom-book.pdf

Cheers