Re: All caps .TH page title

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: All caps .TH page title
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 20:37:42 +0200

Hi Doug,

G. Branden Robinson wrote on Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 07:48:21AM -0500:
> At 2022-07-22T07:36:03-0400, Douglas McIlroy wrote:

>> Changing the .TH case convention throughout the Unix world is about
>> as futile an effort as English spelling reform.

> I love a challenge.

In addition to that, i'm not convinced it's fair to call an accessibility
effort "futile".

> True, but on the one hand I don't mind, and on the other, as indicated
> by the start of this thread, Alejandro is seriously considering doing so
> for the Linux man-pages project, the corpus of which is large

No guarantee, but i might also consider doing it in OpenBSD base.
That corpus is roughly 85% larger than the Linux man pages project.
Of course, i need to find the time, and it requires that no OpenBSD
developers strongly object, but since it does improve accessibility,
i don't really expect that much opposition.

Yours,
  Ingo

P.S.
The little troll inside me thinks that besides, wouldn't it be
wonderful if English spelling were as consistent and as easy to
learn as French spelling?  (No, i'm not proposing an English
spelling reform: that's not my department.)