a new intro(1) (was: All caps .TH page title)

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: a new intro(1) (was: All caps .TH page title)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:04:31 -0500

Hi Alex,

At 2022-07-22T20:31:08+0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> On 7/22/22 14:48, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> > intro(x) pages are sorely neglected these days, a sad situation.
> >
> > A couple of years ago someone on this list proposed a revised
> > intro(1), which people on this list found to be high quality, but it
> > needed a champion to sponsor it to the Linux man-pages project, and
> > such a person did not appear.
>
> I'd like to read it, if it's so high quality.  Would you mind pointing
> me to it?

Sure.  It was only 1 year ago, and it was written by James K. Lowden.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2021-05/msg00032.html

Dave Kemper thought it looked great, and I esteem Dave's taste in such
matters because he likes _my_ writing.  :P

> Also, now that we speak about these things...  I've always wondered
> what happened to learn(1).  It's a program mentioned[1] in UNIX for
> Beginners [2nd ed.; K.], that doesn't seem to exist anymore (on Debian
> at least). Does it still exist anywhere?  I'd like to see it, if
> someone knows of it.

Again I would recommend the TUHS mailing to you.  I briefly searched its
list archives for this topic but didn't come up with anything.

https://minnie.tuhs.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/tuhs@tuhs.org/

Regards,
Branden